Hi,

our bugzilla grants many rights by default with two major exceptions:
can-confirm is needed for confirming an issue as reproducible
edit-bugs is needed for setting the status of an issue to resolved

Answering the calls for increased rights in bugzilla I looked through all the applicants and browsed through their contributions. For a third-party review here are the relevant links:

Bin Guo <binbj...@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/VWu
Liu Ping <doneyours...@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/d2F
Xiao Ting Xiao <tingxi...@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/xZX
Du Jing <bjdujin...@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/BkQ
Linyi Li <lilinyi921...@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/1Hf
Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/LwV

I don't want to offend anyone and I remember the recent discussion for increased leniency on fast-tracking contributors, but at least for two applicants a bugzilla-query found nothing, so I am a bit hesitant to elevate their priviledges.

I'd be happy to change my conservative mind if there is consensus to do so. What is the general opinion on that topic?

Other than that I want to mention that there we already have an automatism in bugzilla. All committers that log in via their @apache.org mail address automatically get edit-bug rights.

Herbert