Hi Kevin,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:52:29PM +0800, Kevin Grignon wrote:
> KG01 - Having the system provide feedback to orient the user and
> support way finding in the context of a scroll gesture is goodness.
> While the information may be presented in a tooltip-like presentation,
> system status is different than a tooltip from an information design
> perspective.

What do you mean you "system status"? Is it the status bar?

> While I am reluctant to encourage the creation of too many options,

yes, the Options dialog has too many options already; this new option
is, in principle, an API thing, a property to be added in
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/text/ViewSettings.html

It can of course be added to the Options dialog.

> in this case, differentiating the tool tip content from status
> indicators/system status seems reasonable. Perhaps other popups could
> be clustered in the new category.

What would you suggest here? Other help balloon?

> In this case we could explore evoking the scroll status indicator via
> a right click of the "Page n/n" in the status bar.

This is already assigned to an action (from the help balloon when mouse
over the status bar control):

"The current page number is displayed in this field of the status bar.
A double-click opens the Navigator, with which you can navigate in the
document. A right-click shows all bookmarks in the document. Click
a bookmark to position the text cursor at the bookmark location."

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina