On 03.08.2012 12:45, sebb wrote:
On 3 August 2012 09:09, Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently cleaning up and improving the download mechanism of the
external tarballs.  Most of them (all that are used by the AOO34 branch) can
now be found on apache-extras [1].  However, that is intended only as a
fallback in case the tarballs can not be downloaded directly from their
original download server.  At the moment we use the SVN repository as a
secondary fallback.  I will remove that maybe next week.

I need help regarding the original download site of one of the apache
commons libraries.  The general download page for
commons-logging-1.1.1-src.tar.gz is [2].  I don't know how to produce a URL
that does not contain a specific mirror but instead is resolved by the
server.
You could perhaps download from Maven Central instead:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/

Is this an instance of maven that uses commons-logging or one that builds (and distributes) it?

Does anybody know how to do that?

Andre

[1] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/
[2] http://commons.apache.org/logging/download_logging.cgi