Hi,

I am currently testing a fix for showstopper bug 120476. I am doing this on a 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04 (building install sets is an order of magnitude faster than on windows.) During that I observed a hang when closing the office. It is caused by the quickstarter: starting OpenOffice with the command line option -quickstart=no lets me close the office cleanly.

Now my question: did we activate the quickstarter on Linux on purpose? If so, we may have a small problem at least on Ubuntu 12.04 and probably on any Linux that uses a GTK based UI that is not Gnome-2: I have no quickstarter button anywhere on the screen, that would a) indicate that the quickstarter is active and that b) would allow me to deactivate it.

Regards,
Andre