On 14/08/2012 RGB ES wrote:
2012/8/14 RGB ES:
Good! But I'm finding a weird behaviour on the forums... If I enter on
the old url
http://user.services.openoffice.org/
I'm NOT redirected. If I open bot, the new and the old address and
log-in in the new, in the old one I'm still logged off

I would consider this to be normal behavior. Authentication is probably managed through a cookie that is sent back to the originating site (the originating subdomain) only. So user.services.openoffice.org has no way to know that you are logged in at forum.openoffice.org, unless we completely rewrite all URLs in the form user.services.openoffice.org/SOMETHING to forum.openoffice.org/SOMETHING .

Not only confusing, but also problematic: if you log-in on the new
address and then click on an old link that cross reference to another
post you'll arrive to a page on which you are not logged in any
more!

If we have hardcoded links that are not rewritten (i.e., if pages on forum.openoffice.org contain "internal" links that reference user.services.openoffice.org explicitly), then it would be better to use an "external" redirect as explained above.

Regards,
  Andrea.