Am 08/23/2012 10:20 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
Am 08/23/2012 06:07 PM, schrieb Oliver-Rainer Wittmann:
Hi,

On 23.08.2012 17:34, Andre Fischer wrote:
On 23.08.2012 17:06, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 23.08.2012 15:52, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

as the so called release manager I would like to give an update
where we
are with the release and the final release preparation.

You all know we passed the PPMC and IPMC vote successful, the first
important step towards our release.

The download page suggests:

Download Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1

Click to start downloading the most recent version for Linux Debian
64-bit (DEB) and Deutsch.

which is correct.

When I follow the suggestion I get a file
Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.1_Linux_x86_install-deb_de.tar.gz

which is not correct. It does not install a runnable program
$ /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: 84:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/program/pagein: not found
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: 1:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/ure-link/bin/javaldx: not
found
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: 120:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: not found

I get the same error message (on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit) but it is
misleading. The
files exist (I checked), but they do not run. So, only one problem to
solve:
fix detection of correct Linux platform.

Together with Andre and Jürgen I had made a change to the download
script.
Please try again.

Thanks for diving in and fixing.

I'm sure that the now commented code part is in since, hm, ever. Were
there also problems in the past? Does someone remember?

Seems to be a case to investigate on the weekend when I've more spare time.

I've looked into the code and the part you have commented out.

It is logical that the DL script return always a 32-bit file because of the last "else" clause which is working as a fall-back regardless what was set in the "if" statements some line before.

However, I've no clue how that last "else" came in. So, I guess it was already online with AOO 3.4.0 or maybe longer. But nobody has noticed the error before? Hm, strange. I'm a bit puzzled.

So, thanks again for the fix.

Marcus