On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org> wrote:

> Best wishes to you and your family.
>
> Family is the most important thing.
>
> Best regards,
> Carl
>

> On 09/06/2012 04:28 PM, Donald Harbison wrote:
>
>> I feel it necessary to explain why I have been absent from discussions
>> here
>> and on ooo-private recently.
>>
>> My wife was stricken with a serious medical emergency Wednesday, August
>> 29th. She is recovering after surgery, and is in an intensive care unit
>> here in one of the top hospitals in Boston. Needless to say, my attention
>> is not on Apache OpenOffice as much as I love this project and community.
>> The past week has been personally very stressful and exhausting. Next week
>> looks a whole lot better as her condition has improved dramatically and
>> she
>> is now on the path to recovery.
>>
>> Graduation is a very important goal, I will be doing what I can to help
>> with this. I've also been actively leading the OpenOffice track
>> development
>> for ApacheCon EU. Oliver-Rainer Wittmann has stepped in to take over this
>> effort over the past week. Thank you Oliver.
>>
>> Thanks for your understanding. The medical team is optimistic that my wife
>> will have a full recovery, but it will be a lengthy process.  In the
>> meantime, I do plan to crank up my work engine as her care and situation
>> have now become much more stabilized.

Good news to report! My wife will likely be discharged from the hospital
later this week. I am now starting to dig out from the huge backlog of
emails and get caught up on all the things that have transpired on
ooo-private, in particular, since our family emergency took my full
attention.

I do plan to step up and volunteer more in new areas besides communications
and concomm...time will tell how that looks. Count me in for Apache
OpenOffice successful graduation and long term success as a TLP.