Hi Ian,

On 14.09.2012 15:49, Ian Lynch wrote:
On 14 September 2012 03:23, Armin Le Grand <armin.le.gr...@me.com> wrote:
Hi Joost,

On 13.09.2012 15:43, Joost Andrae wrote:

Hi Armin,

I can still reproduce the behavior described:

Open eg.
http://openclipart.org/detail/172011/racing-helmet-by-gnokii-172011 in
Firefox and drag the SVG file to the Gallery in AOO. On my system (Win7
Pro 64 Bit) the resulting Gallery entry is a BMP file.

It is also a bitmap file when dragging it to Inkscae. This is because the
D&D contains a bitmap already. To get the svg file, you need to right-click
on the helmet and use 'save link as' and save it somewher. From there, you
can drag the real SVG.

HTH!

Joost wrote somewhere in this thread that SVG dropped to the gallery is
converted to bitmap formats. I checked this and it is not true.

When using a SVG from the gallery and svaing the document, I checked the
SVG embedded into the ODF format - it's exactly (byte by byte) the
original SVG I was dropping to the gallery.

Works as intended/expected.

Kind regards, Joost

Hi Armin,

Do you know why drag and drop of files from the Nautilus filer to the
gallery works with complex svg with embeded bitmaps but not odg?

No, sorry. I'm not in the code, just tried myself with SVG and found out by experiment that it does not work directly. No idea about odg, but somewhere in the code fo rthe gallery there must be a file type detection.

Sincerely,
        Armin
--
ALG