On 10/4/12, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...see below...
>
> On 10/03/2012 07:24 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> Have a question regarding on the integration of iconset with OpenOffice.
>> At
>> the moment I have seen that there are still a lot of the design from OOo
>> 3
>> and even 2.4.
>>
>> One of the design that hasn't change is the iconset of the applications.
>> OpenOffice application used to have an icon like [1], and the
>> applications
>> had them like [2], on 3.0 the iconset got a new look [3] , however this
>> was
>> applied only partially, since in the menu looked like this [4] and the
>> internal applications like that[5]. The previous visual design page
>> already
>> listed the guidelines for the new iconset as well as samples within the
>> different sizes of both application and filetypes [6], the new visual
>> design page [7] also have some information regarding this, however the
>> AOO
>> releases hasn't followed.
>>
>> [1] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:OpenOffice.org_3_icon.png
>> [2]
>> http://robistech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Icons-Open-Office-Pack_1.png
>> [3] http://rocketdock.com/images/screenshots/Open-Office-3.2.1.png
>> [4]
>> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/gifs/Icons/refresh_icons/OOorg_WinXP_Startmenu.png
>
> On Linux, the only round icon I have is for the main "start" one -- the
> orb with gulls. Nothing like [3]. Mostly what I have looks like [2].

That was part of my point the icons seemed to be half-assed
implemented even thought there is a complete documentation on how to
implement them (sizes for applications as well as Unified ODF
mime-types). Yet Linux seems to still hold 2.x version of icons
(pre-galaxy) except for the main application icon (orb gull).

As we move forward, how much of a priority is to finalize the
implementation of galaxy icons on all distributions (Linux).

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice