Juergen -- see below

On 10/08/2012 04:45 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

we made good progress towards graduation and I would like to discuss the
next steps.

- we have selected the initial PMC roster
- we have selected a PMC chair (vote finished, result summary out
standing but we have a clear vote for Andrea Pescetti)
- graduation resolution already updated with PMC roster and preliminary
with the PMC chair

Next steps to reach potentially the October board meeting:
- start IPMC vote, who will trigger this? Should it or have it be
triggered by the new PMC chair?

This is what the excerpt from

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process
says...

"The Recommendation Vote

The resolution should be proposed on the general incubator list before a VOTE is started to allow feedback. Once a consensus has been reached, a VOTE should be started on the same general incubator list by a member of the PPMC proposing that the IPMC recommends the resolution to the Board."

my take on this is that anyone on the AOO PPMC can forward the existing resolution to general@incubator with some appropriate subject. You might want to send a link to this thread as well...

http://markmail.org/message/utklcwlfwl5wp5sx

although I imagine mentors would be "officially" canvassed.

A few other loose ends perhaps...

on our incubator site page,
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

 in the "Verify distribution rights" section.
Have we verified these? (this goes to Dennis comments as well I think)

Finally, I don't know who has modification rights to this page, but there is no link to our June and Sept reports. It might be nice if someone did this.

I hope we can start this IPMC vote on Tuesday or Wednesday latest.
Anything else we need?

Juergen

MzK

 dealt with a cat."