On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Raphael Bircher <rbirc...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Jörg
>
> Am 17.10.12 08:31, schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>> Hello,
>>
>> a company has sent me his data that I pass here.
>>
>> Can you please make the entry in the consultant directory.
>>
>> Here are the data:
>>
>> <consultant>
>>   <name>in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus</name>
>>   <country>DE</country>
>>   <practice>Deployment</practice>
>>   <practice>Support</practice>
>>   <practice>Others</practice>
>>   <description>
>>     in-put GbR has been offering consulting, migration, trainings and
>> support for OpenOffice since 1995.
>>    </description>
>>    <website>http://www.in-put.de</website>
>>    <email>kont...@in-put.de</email>
>>    <phone>+49(0)721 68032880</phone>
>> </consultant>
>>

>> Greetings,
>> Jörg
>>
> They have to change the name to Apache OpenOffice (TM).

Look at it in context:  http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

The consultants directory is in a page that already has the standard
website header, and the logo already says "Apache OpenOffice (TM)".
And the page footer already says, "OpenOffice.org and the seagull logo
are registered trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation."

I don't think we need to also put (TM) on every use of "OpenOffice" in
the text of the page as well.  It is generally sufficient to declare
the trademark on the first mention of the term.

> Question at all on the list. Do we have a special Logo for Consultants,
> or this is just nominative use?

I assume you are talking about these pages, where they use the logo:
http://www.in-put.de/software/index.html and
http://www.in-put.de/software/openoffice/index.html ??

I think this is covered by this policy FAQ:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#integrateswith

If I'm reading this correctly, they would need to add two things to
the website, in order to comply with this policy:

1) Make the logo link to www.openoffice.org

2) Add a note on the page that says that acknowledges the logo as an
ASF trademark, e.g., "The OpenOffice.org orb and seagull logo is a
registered trademark of The Apache Software Foundation."

-Rob