Hi Christof,

On 10/19/12 3:00 PM, Christof Donat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write an addin for AOO writer. Thank google I found a fiew
> examples for additional calc functions and a bit of interface documentations
> so I was able to more or less guess how the code for my writer addin should
> look like.

I am sure you have found the DevGuide and the samples in the wiki or the
SDK.

Nevertheless I would recommend that you subscribe to the
ooo-...@incubator.apache.org (in the future a...@openoffice.apache.org)
and ask concrete questions there. It's probably easier to answer
concrete questions

I am assuming that you develop an extension with some UI integration
(menu, toolbar) that we call add-on. If yes you should maybe also try
the NetBeans plugin that provides a wizard for basic add-ons. But the
generated skeleton can be used to add more stuff later on manually.

Look at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/WritingUNO/Integrating_Components_into_OpenOffice.org

and the sub chapter (nav bar on the right side) where you can get more
info about ProtocolHanlder and Add-Ons

> Where I completelly am lost is on the various XML FIles. Is there any
> document
> describing the contents of an XCU file and a description.xml? The latter is
> not
> that much of a problem, because I can at least get enough of it from some
> examples I found. The XCU fules are the bug issue.

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Description_of_XML_Elements

I hope this helps a bit

Juergen