On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM, jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really a lot more convincing than just a number, and something to
> be proud of !!

And intriguing.  It shows 62 downloads from the Vatican City.  So Pope
Benedict, of course.  But who are the other 61 ;-)

> Would it be an idea, to put a link in the on openoffice.org to this page,
> e.g. in the news area with the name (download statistics) ?

It might need some scripting, since the URL includes a date range as
parameters.  And in general I hesitate to put a home page link to some
else's database query, due to the load it could generate for them.  We
get 250K+ home page visits/day.  That could generate a lot of queries.
 So maybe we could take that info periodically (it doesn't change too
quickly) and put a static version up on the website.  That is what we
do currently for the download counts:
http://www.openoffice.org/stats/

-rob