Probably he talks about the URL embedded on the UI like "get
extensions here", and this launch some MS email client like outlook.

He would need to configure his OS to use yahoo webmail.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070217130008AAsCjy1

That said, this user seems a bit unsophisticated to perform this tasks
or tell the difference between email clients and mailing list.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice