On 2012-10-26 6:59 PM Dave Whitehouse wrote:
I wish to uninstall and then re-install Open Office.
The reason is I am unable to open the Open Office because I have a drop-down
box which tells me I need to 'restore windows of open office' and rfe-reghister
or something similar.
I cannot get rid of this drop-down and cannot open the application.

See this thread on the OpenOffice community forum for the solution to your
problem.
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755

I am not very happy at the moment and the iMac (I use) has an application
called 'Pages' which is looking pretty good at the moment.

Please tell me how to uninstall open office. I do not have an 'uninstall' icon
anywhere.

The same way you uninstall most programs on a Mac. Delete the app from your
Applications folder.

No need to though. Just follow the instructions on the link I posted above.