On 25/10/2012 Eric Byers wrote:
MS Office was installed first.  Followed by OO 3.4.1  After the
installation of OO, the option under the right mouse click for a new MS
Word document was removed.  Right click in a folder space, select "New" -
spreadsheets, text documents and others show as possible selections,
however the MS Word option no longer exists.  I use it frequently.  Please
direct me as to how to re-add this option to my right click menu.

It seems this is a common problem with Office 2010 rather than something related to OpenOffice. For instance, there are several solutions discussed at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/right-click-menu-in-explorer-desktop-missing-new/f0244fe4-216b-459c-b48f-a3d0396b6b11

Regards,
  Andrea.