On 11/2/12, Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 November 2012 08:40, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 01/11/2012 robert_weir wrote:
>>
>>> We (IBM) have consulted with customers, internal users, other IBM
>>> product
>>> teams, on what our (IBM's) development priorities should be for the next
>>> AOO release.  Obviously, we're not the only ones with priorities or
>>> interests or opinions.  We don't make AOO decisions by ourselves.  But
>>> we
>>> want to be transparent about what our own priorities are
>>>

>> Thank you for sharing. They are all good and needed contributions and
>> they
>> cover many of the main results from the Google Moderator user survey.
>>
>> There are still missing things that I've seen requested and that I would
>> personally like to see in the product (a non-exhaustive list would
>> include:
>> better OOXML support, full or enhanced ODF 1.2 support,
>

> I think the best filters possible are the highest priority. It is difficult
> to use AOO with government documents because mostly they have complex table
> structures for gathering data in docx format. This more than anything will
> prevent take up.

This problem is more on the design and paper paradigm. Having a
digitalization of a paper-form forms, we use tables to design as
opposed as to hold tabular data.

A document design should be done with a DTP program something that
Writer is not the optimal software for it. Frame-based software is the
ideal for design documents.

One simple example is the lack of 'rotate' an image in Writer, while
Draw has it.

Here we have two scenarios:
1) Import such features into writer.
2) Improve the integration of draw and writer. Draw layers could
easily be taken as a "template" for writer to fill in around Draw
designs.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice