Bonjour Jean-Louis,

great that you are tackling BSF4Rexx on ooRexx 4.0 already!

> Under Windows, the current version of BSF4Rexx (2008-09-12) does not
> work with ooRexx 4.0.
> BSF4Rexx.dll is not loaded because it depends on these functions which
> are no longer exported by rexx.dll :
> RexxWaitForTermination
> RexxDidRexxTerminate
>
> I recompiled BSF4Rexx without these dependencies (is it safe to do
> that ?)
Under pre 4.0 ooRexx it is mandatory to have these available. The
reason: if ooRexx programs run multithreaded then the threads need to be
able to continue, even if the main thread has finished already.

Not sure how 4.0 behaves. So I would at least do a conditional include,
i.e. do not include them if compiled for ooRexx 4.0, until Rick can
clarify the behaviour on 4.0.

> An other problem occurred :
>         call rxFuncAdd "BsfLoadFuncs", "BSF4Rexx", "BsfLoadFuncs"
> fails, because ooRexx 4.0 searches for "BsfLoadFuncs" and does not
> find it (it's "BSFLOADFUNCS" which is exported).
> Easy to fix, use
>         call rxFuncAdd "BsfLoadFuncs", "BSF4Rexx", "BSFLOADFUNCS"
> (4.0 is more strict than 3.2, other external packages may need this
> kind of adjustment)
Interesting.

> Now, infoBSF.rex and infoBSF-oo.rex works.
Super!

> During my trials and errors, I had several times the script
> infoBSF.rex frozen during initialization.
> Maybe the problem comes from rxapi.exe.
> RegistrationData::findSessionReference in RegistrationManager.cpp, I
> think this line is missing :
> cookie = cookie->next
>

> Here are the changes I made to BSF.cc (all are fixes for compilation
> errors due to changes in rexx.h) :
If you can supply a unified diff, I would apply it to the original
source (license is <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0>).

Regards,

---rony