> I don't think anyone is actively working on either of those platforms,
> clean patches would always be welcome.  <grin>
I'll produce them.  My first aim is to get NetBSD alpha (64 bit)
working (that's the SDF public access UNIX), and I'm using my intel
(32 bit) box as a local testbed.  I've also got a reasonable Solaris 9
(64 bit sparc) box, and if it's not too hard I may manage Solaris 8
(32 bit sparc), and possibly HPUX (again 32 bit).  From past
experience there are usually only a few issues, such as Solaris not
having setenv().

> I don't think we've had a working build on NetBSD for the last couple
> of releases.
That's why I started looking at 4.0, the 3.x versions didn't build and
I thought I might as well start with the latest.

Cheers
Mike