James,

The CallProgram() API was not performing any path or extension
resolution at all, so I'm a bit puzzled with your statement that this
worked on the first invocation...it should not have worked at all.
I've fixed this, but I'd like to verify with a sample program from
you.  If you'll open a bug and attach a program to that, I'll be able
to verify my fix corrects your problem.

Rick