Carriage LF and CRLF sequences are not part of the Rexx syntax
structures, so they are not accepted when you attempt to create
directly from Rexx code.  It has always been that way.

The SendMessage() API gives you access to all of the methods of any of
the classes.  You are not limited to just what we've decided to
include as convenience methods.  I suspect the string makeArray method
will give you exactly what you want.

Rick