Rick McGuire wrote:
> It's also used in the unit tests and Rony appears to be using it in
> BSFRexx, so I'm fairly confident it works.  This sounds like a problem
> with either a stale thread context pointer or some sort of memory
> overlay has clobbered the interface vector.

Yes, BSF4Rexx uses them and I think I can come up with an example where
such an exception occurs, when trying to get at the size or items of a
created RexxArrayObject.

Here's a code excerpt:

     RexxArrayObject ra=rtc->NewArray(len);

    ... cut ...

    rtc->ArrayPut(ra, robj, i+1);  // works!

    ... cut ...

    // either one ( ArraySize() or ArrayItems8) ) bombs:

    fprintf(stderr, "\triid=[%p], ---> ra~size=[%Zu]\n", riid,
rtc->ArraySize(ra));fflush(stderr);
    fprintf(stderr, "\triid=[%p], ---> ra~items=[%Zu]\n",riid,
rtc->ArrayItems(ra));fflush(stderr);

The code is located in an inline function if that matters and uses a
passed in RexxThreadContext to create the RexxArrayObject and adding
items to it, if necessary (which works). When executing an
rtc->ArraySize(ra) or rtc->ArrayItems(ra) an exception occurs.

Can reliably get the exception now that I could recreate this problem
(thought it has gone, but seeing David's post caused me to look into
that corner and after quite some time was able to create that exception).

If you need an example for that, I can create a version of BSF4Rexx.dll
with the debug files that would cause that. (Maybe the above is already
enough to find the places/circumstances the exception may occur.)

Please advise.

---rony