One thing I forgot to mention which may be helpful.

On 25.08.2010 17:32, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> following the discussions on "portable Rexx" it may be interesting to
> learn, that BSF4ooRexx could be also used in a "portable" manner,
> without the new desktop integration of course.
>
> Here are the ncessary steps:
>
>     * unzip the "BSF4ooRexx_install.zip" and copy the "bsf4oorexx"
>       directory with all subdirectories to the stick,
>     * whenever you need it, change into "bsf4oorexx/install" and issue
>
>           o rexx setupBSF.rex
>
>             this will create a file matching the target PC's
>             configuration and named "setEnvironment4BSF.cmd" (Windows)
>             or "setEnvironment4BSF.sh" (Linux), which you need to run
>             (on Linux you would need to source it like ".
>             ./setEnvironment4BSF.sh" in order to get the environment
>             set accordingly).
>
> From this moment on you can execute all the BSF4ooRexx scripts in that
> session from the command line.
"setupBSF.rex" also creates a batch/shell file named "rexxj.cmd"
(Windows) resp. "rexxj.sh" (Linux).

Just copy that script to wherever your path points to and you can invoke
any of the Rexx scripts from the commandline without a need to run
"setEnvironment4BSF" at all.

E.g. change int "bsf4oorexx/samples" and issue then "rexxj.cmd
ShootOut.rxj" or "./rexxj.sh ShootOut.rxj" which would run the
Magic-8-example that dates back to a Rexx Symposium in 2001 (I think),
where Chip gave all attendees the task to create a GUI app to solve it
(that solution actually was developed and run under OS/2 back then). It
may also make a nice demonstration what becomes possible with Rexx, if
camouflaging Java as Rexx...

---rony