Hi Mark,

On 06.11.2010 15:06, Mark Miesfeld wrote:

> on my Win XP SP3 installation, the ooRexx file associations are not
>> set-up although that option gets set on the new ooRexx installation
>> screen (great work!).
>> (Also the editor is not set up for that file-extension.)
>>
> I don't follow what you mean.  Maybe because I haven't had my coffee
> yet. <grin>  Are you saying there is a bug, the file associations did
> not get set up, ever though you set the option?

:)

Sorry, if I have not been clear enough: the file association for ".rex"
does not get set up, although I checked that check-box.

Running "assoc .rex" does  not yield a file association.

Also

   ftype | grep -i "\(rex\|orx\)"

 does not yield any filedescription with "rex" in its name or path.

As a result the .rex-files are not displaying the ooRexx icon in the
Explorer and double-clicking on the .rex-files would not run them with
rexx.exe. Also, enering "open.rex" on the command-line would not work.

In addition "PATHEXT" does not show ".rex" as one of the extensions
Windows should probe when searching for executable files.

>> The installation of the beta will run the uninstall (without deletion of
>> the existing directory itself), if that makes a difference.
>>
> Do you mean by this that you have run the uninstall / install
> mulitiple times with the same results?

Yes.

Just did it once more:

    * Installing (the already installed ooRexx)
          o agreeing to uninstall existing ooRexx
                + do not remove the directory
                + uninstalls completes without errors/warnings;
          o Now installing ooRexx
                + Checking "Create Windows file associations" check-box
                + Leave "Create 'Send To' ..." as is, ie. 'Send To' for
                  Rexx Hide and Rexx Pause are checked,
                + On the next screen entering the full path to the
                  vs-editor, but *not* changing "File Association for
                  rexx.exe" (not wanting to override) check box which is
                  also dubbed "Create rexx.exe file assocation", which
                  then seems to allow for entering an arbitrary extension;
                + On the next screen (Associate a file extension with
                  rexxhide.exe and /or rexxpaws.exe), leaving everything
                  alone (unchecked boxes)
                + install completes without errors/warnings.

Regards,

---rony