On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Rony G. Flatscher
<rony.flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:

> due to some students who have Windows 7 installed I have been made aware of
> that there are problems with ooRexx 3.2 on Windows 7:

Hi Rony,

I don't want to appear cold-hearted, but ooRexx 3.2.0 is not supported
on Windows 7.   At the time of the 3.2.0 release, October 2007, no one
had a working build of Windows 7, or knew what the name of the release
after Vista would be.  <grin>

> Problems:

All the problems you list are simply a crash, which Microsoft seems to
be adverse to stating in a clear, simple way.

> These problems in effect inhibit the usage of "ooRexx-WSH" on W7 systems!

ooRexx-WSH is not supported on Windows 7, that's for sure.  ;-)

> It may be the case that the problems could be fixed for ooRexx 3.2, so I
> wonder whether anyone (maybe mostly addressed to Mark) would think it to be
> worthwhile.

I really doubt that it is a simple problem, but I may, sometime in the
future, take a quick look to see if it is simple.  But, it won't be
any time soon.

> If not, would it be possible to move the WSE (WindowsScript Engine a.k.a.
> ActiveX) implementation for ooRexx 4.x up the waiting list, such that on
> Windows 7 and later, "ooRexx-WSH" becomes operational/functional again?

Just out of curiosity, have you run the same tests on Vista, to see
what results you get?

As for the waiting list, it's not so much as to where it is on the
list as to a need to find a developer, or developers, with the time,
interest in, and level of skill, needed to do the task.