Hi there,

a couple of weeks ago, after changing the code of BSF4ooRexx, the Apple
version started to behave erroneously. Originally, I thought that I
introduced some error into the code and tried to debug this whenever I
got some free time.

It turns out, that there is a subtle gcc-error on Apple (using
"i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)"): if
the source code employs inline functions it may be the case that a
global variable pointing to a structure may do so wrongly! In my case I
could remedy the situation - after having narrowed the problem down to
this rather exotic phenomenon - by just removing the inline keyword from
the Apple compilation!

Thought that those of you who are working on Apple should be aware of
this bug. However, in this particular case the source code of
BSF4ooRexx.cc is not yet "cleaned" which means it contains an
unbelievable amount of defs and inlines from the past ten years, so this
complexity may be needed for getting into this situation (if the
preprocessor is causing the bug).

Regards,

---rony