On 30.06.2011 21:16, Mark Miesfeld wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Rony G. Flatscher
> <rony.flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
>
>> On 30.06.2011 15:40, Mark Miesfeld wrote:
>>

>>> In the ooDialog reference I'm putting a table at the start of each
>>> section (for a class) and listing all the methods with links to them.
>>> Then the doc for the methods are in an order that makes sense.  You
>>> might want to look at that Rony, the same idea could be applied to
>>> classes.
>>>

>> Will do (maybe that is what David was contemplating as well)!
>>
> Be warned, that I haven't completed that for every chapter, but
> Chapter 11 Static Controls is one that is done.

Thank you for that hint, Mark.

>From a usability point of view, the first thing I do is click on the
plus-sign next to the TOC (table of content) frame on the left hand
side. This opens the drop down of that chapter (11 in this case) and one
gets to see a list of methods, which is not ordered alphabetically,
hence it takes a while to orientate and make sure that one has not
overlooked a method. Now, one needs to know somehow, that if one clicks
on the chapter link and then with some scrolling that one arrvies at the
method table.

The method table is fine as it groups the methods by class and instance
methods. Though they are not ordered alphabetically either (e.g.
"connectStaticEvent" is at the end of the method table, "newStatic" at
the beginning, and all "create"*-methods in between (and it seems that
they are ordered alphabetically.

Personally, I would find it very helpful, if the TOC-entries list the
items alphabetically (maybe grouped by class, methods etc.). This would
allow to find and link directly from the TOC-frame on the left hand side.

---rony