On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Jean-Louis Faucher
<jfaucher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a crash during GC that I was able to fix by marking the attribute
> objectVariables (RexxContextualSource).
> RexxActivation::run : Seems that when a method is guarded, then the
> attribute objectVariables is assigned a value, and this value must be
> protected from GC.
> Most of the exported classes do this marking, except :
> Pointer
> Buffer
> WeakReference
> RexxContext
> StackFrame
> Exception
>
> So I wonder which is the rule to decide if objectVariables must be marked ?
> All the classes above have guarded methods, so the same problem as mine
> could happen, no ?

An additional follow up on this.  Pointer and Buffer are actually ok.
These classes do not override the live() and liveGeneral() methods, so
they inherit the ones from the Object class, which does mark
objectVariables.  WeakReference is definitely a problem in 4.1.  I've
fixed up all of the problem areas.

Rick