Maybe this is interesting to some:

    if there is a JavaScript code associated with an event ("on...") attribute
preceding an ooRexx
    event script, then it seems that it works, i.e. MSIE does not crash without
information, but
    keeps on working as expected!
    (It is as if JavaScript would do some magic initialization that later on
ooRexx does not need to
    do or is not expected to do.)

---rony