I thought I would play around with SysFileTree some more.

with gdb skills can give me some help.

In any case, I ran this program this morning.

#!/usr/bin/rexx

Call SysFileTree "Users/bjskelly/b*",  "F";

Say "The return code was "result".";
Say "I found "F.0" files.";

Do I = 1 to F.0
        Say F.I;
end;

RC =  SysFileTree("/Users/bjskelly/b*", "F");

Say "The return code was "RC".";
Say "I found "F.0" files.";

Do I = 1 to F.0
        Say F.I;
end;
exit

I would expect that the two calls to SysFileTree should give the same results,
but they don't.  The program output:
The return code was 0.
I found 0 files.
The return code was 0.
I found 2 files.
12/07/11   6:41p        7160  -rw-r--r--  /Users/bjskelly/bjs.rex
 2/07/12   2:41p        1632  drwxr-xr-x  /Users/bjskelly/bin

First question is, have I made some error in programming?  Shouldn't they be
the same?  If I haven't made any mistakes, then doesn't this point to a bigger
issue than SysFileTree?

This was on ooRexx V4.1.1 64bit on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Bruce