There really shouldn't be an difference in the garbage collector on 64-bit
vs 32.bit.  The code itself is really independent of the size of the
objects, but that's not a definitive statement that there might not be
something strange going on.

You might try rebuilding with _DEBUG and VERBOSE_GC defined.  This will
dump a lot of GC statistics that might give a clue as to the problem area.

Rick