This is working correctly.  The function name uses normal Rexx rules for
name resolution.  If the call name is coded as a symbol, then the name
being called is ALWAYS the uppercase version, since all symbols have as an
eventual value the uppercase value of the symbol.  So calls to foo, Foo,
and FOO are all calls to a function named "FOO".  This all happens before
the search for an external function ever begins, so that code is not even
aware of the original case.  The instruction itself has already folded the
name to uppercase by execution time, so the original case is no longer
available.  If a quoted string is used, then the original case is
maintained.

Rick