While compiling 32-bit versions of ooRexx from trunk on a XP system, the build
(makeorx NODEBUG)
fails with the following screen output:

    Building OODIALOG..
    ***** : build halted

Looking up the log file, the last lines are:

    ... cut ...
    All done rxftp.cls csvStream.cls
    .

    Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729.01

    NMAKE : fatal error U1045: spawn failed : No error
    Stop.
    (END)

The interpreter itself is operational if started in Win32Rel (hence I could
test the patches I made
today), but the creation does not run successfully to the end.

Using "WindowsSdkDir=E:\Programme\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1".

Using as compiler:

    F:\work\svn\oorexx\main\trunk>cl
    Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for
80x86

    cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type '3.0',
object file assumed
    Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 9.00.30729.01

    /out:3.exe
    3.0
    LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '3.0'

Do I need a newer SDK or compiler (e.g. from Visual Studio 10, as SDK 7.1
points to a - locally -
non-existing directory in setEnv.cmd)?

---rony