>From the documentation:

LOSTDIGITS
raised if a number used in an arithmetic operation has more digits than the
current setting of
NUMERIC DIGITS. Leading zeros are not counted in this comparison.

LOSTDIGITS only applies to the values used at the start of the calculation,
not with rounding performed on the operation result.  Since you have never
used as number containing more than 9 significant digits, the condition is
never triggered.

Rick