Given the name "SysCArgs" already implies that this is not a [oo]Rexx language
related piece of
information, but one of the runtime environment that started the Rexx script.
As the discussions on
<news:comp.lang.rexx> showcase, there are people (especially those with a Unix
background, but now
more and more realize the same possibilities to take advantage of under Windows
as well) who would
be helped, if all of the C argv was made available to them. The prefix "Sys"
already indicates that
this is something outside the Rexx language, but valuable for programmers.

However, if there is a name used like SysCArgs then it implies that a Rexx
programmer gets access to
the C argv array. It would not make sense for those users who know about the C
argv argument to
leave out the first two arguments, as then this does not represent the C argv.
It would add a
surprise, an oddity to that particular function.

Independent of how SysCArgs gets implemented, the Rexx language itself remains
totally unfaffected
by it, i.e. Rexx coders, who are not in need of the C args, can very
successfully use PARSE SOURCE,
PARSE ARG, USE ARG to get at the information they usually are interested in. (
SysCArgs won't change
that at all. )

---rony