Erich,

thank you for your valuable hints and update!

On 20.04.2016 21:41, Erich Steinböck wrote:

>     No one feels authorized to kick off the phase of creating alpha- or
> beta-test versions of the
>     current trunk
>

> Rony, the current trunk is 5.0
> For Windows there are 5.0 Alpha - builds available at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/oorexx-docs/5.0.0alpha/
> Linux 5.0 builds are running on René's build server at
> http://build.netrexx.org/jenkins/ but no
> build output has yet been made available to the public.
Just went there and it seems one has to enter a userid and password in order to
get further. Maybe
René does not realize that that site is locked currently?

>     whether there is work still to be done, where we can try to give a
> helping hand
>

> All 5.0 features should be documented by now - see rexxref5 at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/oorexx-docs/5.0.0alpha/
Great, thanks, and many thanks for your great work as well!

> We'll still have to add tests for most of the new 5.0 features (for a list of
> tests to be done,
> see
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/oorexx-docs/5.0.0alpha/ReadMe.txt/download)
Ha, I was not aware of this, great overview and insight, thank you very much!

Maybe some lurkers get an appetite looking through these new features and
supply tests for them,
thereby learning all the ins and outs of the new features?

> We also have quite a few 5.0-related bugs open
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/bugs/search/?q=%21status%3Awont-fix+%26%26+%21status%3Aclosed+%26%26+%21status%3Ainvalid+%26%26+%21status%3Apending>,
> where help would be most appreciated.  Similarly we've got a few open RFE's
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/feature-requests/search/?q=%21status%3Awont-fix+%26%26+%21status%3Aclosed+%26%26+%21status%3Arejected>.
Maybe Rick can give a hand?

---

Is there anyone who has created a MacOSX version of 5.0 from trunk? If not, is
anyone interested in
doing so?

What would have to be achieved with the current code to warrant a beta version
of it?

---rony