Dear fellow Rexxers,

since a few minutes there is a new beta of BSF4ooRexx available from
Sourceforge, namely from:
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/bsf4oorexx/files/beta/20181002/>.

BSF4ooRexx is an ooRexx external function package that allows Rexx programs to
exploit Java classes.
Requiring the supplied ooRexx package "BSF.CLS" camouflages the strictly typed,
case-sensitive
programming language Java as the dynamically typed, case-insensitive language
Rexx, making it
considerably easy to interface with Java.

  * Notable new addition in this version: binary support for 32-bit ARM
(Raspberry Pi), such that
    BSF4ooRexx can be installed on that platform as well!

If you choose the menu option "BSF4ooRexx -> Samples" a folder/finder window
will open and display
the Rexx samples. Locate the file "index.html" and click on it: this will
briefly describe each Rexx
sample, such that you are able to quickly get an overview.

---

Also I would like to point out to you the latest beta versions of ooRexx 5.0
which introduces many
valuable and helpful new features:
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/oorexx/5.0.0beta/>
. Regularly check for new builds there.

(Temporarily the Windows versions for revission 11503 can be obtained from my
DropBox at
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xh2p56y56xrk1f1/AADj5EbDh2ZzA0tl8KzFV9FMa?dl=0>).

The quality of the current beta versions of 5.0 is of type "release", includes
many interesting new
features and contains many bug fixes over ooRexx 4.2.

Also please note: the BSF4ooRexx package for MacOSX already includes a fresh
build of ooRexx 5.0
beta, revision 11503.

If you have any questions please come forward and ask!

Replies to this e-mail will go to the BSF4ooRexx-Sourceforge-mailing list
<https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/bsf4oorexx-devel/>
(<mailto:bsf4oorexx-de...@lists.sourceforge.net>).

Cheers,

---rony