There are some minor changes to the code that would allow ooRexx to run, on Mac
OS, from any folder it is copied to without recompiling.  There are some
special library load paths that inform Mac OS of the relative location of
shared libraries.  Because Mac OS by default searches some libraries that are
specifically in the code for linux (like /usr/lib), a Mac OS version could
replace that section of the code that searches those library load paths with
the special relative paths.
This would also eliminate having to code any environmental variable pointing to
the library path.

I forget which source file the code is in, but it is the one that performs the
library loads.  I would have to look up the form of the relative path that you
code, but it would be something that would be relative to the executable.

If you’re interested in making those changes, I would be happy to look it up
again.

Bruce