I think the *ix version of this code rework is ready for somebody to try
compiling it (I expect there probably will be a few errors). The code is
located at:

https://svn.code.sf.net/p/oorexx/code-0/sandbox/rick/rxapi

I also took a crack at removing the rxapi daemon installation from the deb
and rpm packages. I hope I got everything right, but would it would be nice
if people took a look at my changes to ensure I got everything.

I don't have access to any linux systems now, so I'm going to rely on
others to help with sorting out any issues here. On the windows side, I
need to make sure that the Windows installer works properly, so that's
where my time is going to be focused for the next couple of days.