I have tested exactly the situation on my Linux system, and everything
works fine. But I don't have your setup, so there's probably something
different.

I suggest adding a printf() to the SystemInterpreter::loadImage() method
(the second one with the longer signature) and print out the names it is
attempting to load from. One concern I do have whether the
getExecutableLocation() might need to resolve links to obtain the real
library location. I'm not sure what name dladdr() is returning. The
printfs() will show where it is looking and might give a good answer to
this question.