Let me try again.  When a user wants to install ooRexx on his platform, he goes to SF and looks in the Files section under the ooRexx tab for the most recent file with a name that matches his platform, downloads it and uses the appropriate installation mechanism for that platform.  I was just suggesting that if we know how to name that file for the platform for which it is intended, we might make the executable be able to also know (and supply) that information.  The programmer/testcase writer could then tailor his program to behave appropriately for that platform if necessary.  FWIW