Hi Erich, thanks for this... I built with msys/mingw and after your reply and some googling around, I think I'm going to have to go back to square one and build according to windows-building.txt and msvc build tools.  I'll read that doc more carefully and will update with anything  useful that I find.

On 2019-08-23 06:19, Erich Steinböck wrote:
Hi Terry, on Windows ooRexx uses LoadLibrary() to load the dll.  LoadLibrary first searches the directory where ooRexx is installed, so that would be the suggested place to put your rexxgtk.dll.

rexxgtk.dll should be named in all lowercase, as rexxgtk.cls uses this name to reference it.

    libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll (from the downloaded  msys/mingw/

I'm not sure whether any mingw-built library can interoperate with MSVC-built ooRexx code.
I think you'll have to build-from-source everything you want to use

Did you build according to windows-building.txt?
Were any changes necessary to steps listed?  Could you update windows-building.txt for whatever you had to do differently?

Thanks ... Erich