On 08.03.2020 20:00, Erich Steinböck wrote:
> No.
> RexxInfo and File both use "pathSeparator".

Ah, I missed the File one, sorry.

> For the directory separator, File is using separator, but for the new
> RexxInfo a decision was made
> to use directorySeparator.

They should use the same name such that the Rexx programmer only need to
remember one name and not
two and then a need to remember which one for which class.

Maybe one can add the appropriately named method to the File class (in addition
to separator). This
way only one name needs to be remembered and there would be  no inconsistency.

---

Ad "separator": I have been used from Java for the terms "file.separator",
"path.separator", and
"line.separator". These terms are used as system properties in Java. Hence I
would assume that most
programmers would seek these names when researching the appropriate Rexx
attributes/methods.

---rony