In order not to start with editing the class tree section ("Chapter 4. The
Basics of Classes")
before some time has gone by to be able to object about the planned content, I
turned to the samples
section ("Appendix B. Sample Rexx Programs") which took quite some work to iron
it out (obsolete
scripts, quite a lot missing scripts, commented out oodialog samples that for
some reasons were
left-over).

Here the temporary URL for the resulting "rexxpg.pdf":
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxvvgskb04gdsqf/AACRo_ZLeFOdoBXUHroPY_-Ca?dl=0>.

So I would appreciate it if you could take some time and read through Appendix
B and if you find
errors and/or have better wordings, explanations to come up with them such that
ideally I just need
to copy and paste them. This would be of real value and help!

Also, feedback on the formatting of that section is appreciated (the script
names are now in the
case as found on the file system and marked up with the code-tag), would it be
o.k. this way?

[BTW, I think we should go over the ole/apps samples as applications like Lotus
WordPro etc. may not
be deployed anymore. At least there should be a meaningful error message if
they crash, because the
Lotus apps are not installed. Also, it may make sense to place a "parse pull ."
at the end of the
scripts in case they got run via the Explorer (GUI) interface as the Rexx
scripts would open and
immediately close upon return or error. Also, the MS Access samples should be
adapted and tested,
the used Jet engine, I think, is still only available in 32-bit, maybe MS has a
64- to 32-bit bridge.]

---rony

P.S.: Will try to get back to chapter 4 ASAP, but also need to address other
burning issues (like
the students now are locked out of our Universities and we need to come up with
some sort of remote
lecturing, quite chaotic at the moment, meetings, etc.).