On 18.03.2020 08:14, P.O. Jonsson wrote:

> Among the samples there is a class *semcls.cls* that implements a semaphore
> mechanism.
> *Semcls.cls* is mentioned in the readme, but the corresponding *usessem.rex*
> is missing so one
> does not really know how to use the class. All other classes in the samples
> have  matching
> *useclass.rex*
>
> Does anyone volounteer to write the *usesem.rex*? If not I will remove it
> from the list.
>
> *Semcls.cls* is also mentioned in rexxref, as an example in 12.4.4.1. From
> the remark at the end
> of that section I understand that there are now sys functions available that
> implements the same
> functionality, so maybe this example is superfluous?

Maybe 12.4.4.1 should remove the semcls.cls code and only hint that an ooRexx
sample implementation
of semaphores can be found in the samples directory. Instead references to the
new classes
EventSemaphore and MutexSemaphore should be supplied such that a link gets
established. This has the
advantage that the user can also study the examples there that take advantage
of the semaphores.

If no one objects I will change 12.4.4.1 accordingly.

---rony