Hi Harmander,

one of the identified showstoppers is Walter’s linein slowdown on windows
issue, https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/bugs/1737/ and probably
https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/bugs/1721/ (don’t know the exact relation). It
would be very beneficial if you could assist testing this and formulating
hypotheses for the cause.

Things to take into account are reproducibility (windows vs other platforms -
if you have succinct testcases we can run them or add them to the automated
testcases to be able to follow this issue and its causes more closely on
several platforms) and interaction with external factors like virus checking
software - I ran into several cases of degradation, e.g. in git performance,
where this ultimately was to blame.

A good starting point would be to see when this was introduced. I am sure Erich
can help you with this - but first, I’d suggest a close reading of the
mentioned incident reports.

Thank you very much for any help!

best regards,

René Jansen.