What version of MacOS are we talking about? In the past extracting the .dmg
caused a warning that could be overwritten but I never experienced that rexx
would not launch? Is this a M1 thing only? Or „Fat Binary“ problem? Does it
help to install to ~/Applications (a local install) rather than to
/Applications (Install for all users)?

I run High Sierra (10.13) and the build machine runs Mojave (10.14). In view of
the age of the build machine (~ late 2014) I would not go beyond Catalina
(10.15) and I see no gain in changing, just risk of running into problems with
outdated hardware.

We do not have at our disposal any machine with macOS Big Sur (11.1) that can
run on either Intel or M1 hardware.

What I can try to do is to see if I can get some Virtual Machines set up with
Catalina/Big Sur. But it will not be on M1 hardware.

Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se