Hi Rony,

On the first one I don’t really have an opinion, except that we should avoid
the patch going stale. On the second one: it should be a welcome addition, but
I doubt we really need it now.
Reasons:

- Not a fan of fat binaries: they tend to stay fat until unsupported
- ooRexx currently builds fine (and fast!) on M1
- there should be a decision on what to distribute.

Personally, I would be fine with a Mac distribution for X86_64 and another for
ARM64/aarch64 - we have separate Windows distributions also, and in fact it
would be great if someone built it for Power on the Mac because not everybody I
know got rid of those. We probably also need future differences in Apple OS
versions due to the ever-annoying additional security work they are doing: save
file - do you give the application you are using access to your disk? Yes/no -
can you authenticate yourself (again)? Another favourite is the quarantine-bit:
you are opening an application (really?) that you downloaded from the internet
(really? Did I?). Do you want to put it in the bin?

But: that is no reason not to integrate the patch with the option. Would be
great if Enrico would do that … but if he does not feel like it, maybe P.O. can
have a look.

Best regards,

René.