A quick feedback about point 1:
The A column is in fact the activation identifier (RexxActivation).
It’s used to know which method/routine is executing the current line.
The name of this method/routine can be found by looking back in the trace the
first >I> for the current T.

In rexxref, “activation” is not used.
I think the good term is “invocation”, as in "An activity contains a stack of
invocations… An invocation is activated when an executable unit is invoked and
removed (popped) when execution completes. "

This is the displayed informations
struct ConcurrencyInfos
{
    uint32_t interpreter;
    uint32_t activity;         —> display a counter related to the system tread
identifier, not the activity identifier
    uint32_t activation;
    uint32_t variableDictionary;
    unsigned short reserveCount;
    char lock;
};

> [...]
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     14 *-*   say msg
>         Object 1 running call 1
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     15 *-* end
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     13 *-* do reps
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     14 *-*   say msg
>         Object 1 running call 1
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     15 *-* end
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     13 *-* do reps
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     14 *-*   say msg
>         Object 1 running call 1
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     15 *-* end
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     13 *-* do reps
>         R1   T3   A3    V1      1*     16 *-* return "Repeated" msg"," reps
> "times."
>         a: Repeated Object 1 running call 1, 3 times.
>         R1   T1   A1                    7 *-* say "b:" b~result
>         b: Repeated Object 1 running call 2, 3 times.
>         R1   T1   A1                    8 *-* say "Main ended." /*
> concurrently. */
>         Main ended.
>
> --------------------------------------- trace example 2 (end)
> -------------------
>
> ---rony
>

> On 09.02.2023 13:27, Rick McGuire wrote:
>> This is one of those features where I think I need to see the complete
>> documentation written first before any code is checked in. In particular, I
>> have some reservations on how this explicitly introduces activities and
>> reservation counts concepts to the language without them ever appearing
>> elsewhere in the language reference. I'm also not willing to accept the
>> format with which the additional information is added without some
>> additional discussion. Also the concept of giving the activities a unique
>> identifier. Since activities are pooled and         reused, it needs to be
>> defined how that all plays out. This feature, while useful, needs a lot more
>> discussion before it is put in place.
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 7:21 AM Rony G. Flatscher <rony.flatsc...@wu.ac.at
>> <mailto:rony.flatsc...@wu.ac.at>> wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback. Probably putting M as the trailing letter after the
>> alphabetic letter as Mike suggests is the best option. Omitting the trailing
>> M would switch back to the simple form. Would that be acceptable for
>> everyone?
>>
>> ---rony
>>

>> On 08.02.2023 21:24, Rick McGuire wrote:
>>> The special symbol characters "." and "_" are also available as indicators.
>>> I'm a definite -1 to using environment variables and Erich has also voiced
>>> his displeasure about that.
>>>
>>> Another option might be to allow a second keyword following the trace type
>>> that indicates using the expanded form. It should also allow explicit
>>> specification of the simple form too.
>>>
>>> Rick
>>>
>>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 2:46 PM Mike Cowlishaw <m...@speleotrove.com
>>> <mailto:m...@speleotrove.com>> wrote:
>>> I would have put the M after the other letter because it's really a
>>> subsidiary option.  If it's first it rather 'M'asks the main option?

>>> A
>>> MA
>>> Command
>>> C