Hi Jeremy,

In the normal case the testing framework DO catch syntax errors and reports
them, but It can be tweaked for special tests. I only spotted this typo because
I saw it once, in a log file. This is how the test looks like (with the typo);
as you can see it is much more complex than “normal” tests to be able to catch
trace output.

-- trace REPLY keyword instruction
-- to work properly, tests using REPLY require the special test framework
-- marker "replyAssert"
::method test_trace_reply_replyAssert
  t = .TraceOutput~destination(.ArrayStream~new)
  start = .line; trace i
  reply 1
  trace off
  -- before comparing trace output, we remove any trailing >I> Method ...
  if t~lastItem~srip("l")~startsWith(">I> Method") then
    t~remove(t~last)
  self~assertTraceOutput(.resources~reply, t, start)

  ::resource reply end "  ::end"
     1 *-* reply 1
       >L>   "1"
       >>>   "1"